
Monday, September 03, 2007
Attended the master class of Finance and Accounting by Dr. Bill Ryan these 2 days. Met Cheris. Haven't seen her for almost one year, s ince I escaped from the classes. Bill Ryan presented clearly and what he taught is more simple and precise. Gary Leung lecturer is fine and he is very well prepared for the classes and care the students much, he is a good lecturer, his effort speak for himself. He is very experience. However, his English (oral) is.........scary. Anyway, he is a nice person I belief.
I told Cheris that I expected to be failed in the exam. There is around 40% students fail in average in every F & A exam as statistic shown. I am weak in maths (algebra), my brain running slow and become handicap when seeing fugures, will fail without exception.
What make us surprise is Bill Ryan presentataion is clear and "too simple", that we can understand what he said in the class (unlike the lecturers in the previous local classes). Both I and Cheris is doubtful if it is so simple as he taught in the class. If so, why so many students fail in the exams before? Cheris kidding by saying that "the problem is we understand what he taught, that's the scary thing", I told her that "It may be a hint that we will die (fail) in the exam."
Even our fellow, Wanyi, who works in Standard and Poor's, a very hard working girl who read the whole text book failed in the exam in the last semester. I told Cheris that I won't spend much time on F& A, cos nomatter how hard I work, I'll fail. And spending time on F & A, may even make me fail in the other 2 subjects - Economic Strategy and International Marketing, since it sacrifice time for Econoic and Marketing. Sigh........
Finance and accounting, a very scary subject..........
Annabel Peale